Thursday, April 29, 2010
On Monday, you turned 1 year old. You have made this, by far, the most magical year of our lives. You are such a peppy, happy girl. Right now, you love canned green beans (from our garden), running in the soft spring grass, hugging and kissing kitties, clapping, hugging mommy and daddy's legs, being chased, and most of all, climbing. You love to climb stairs, climb on top of your little riding truck, and anything else you can find. Your favorite thing to climb on so far, is the kitchen island. You have learned how to climb up on the shelf underneath it. You sit there like a little Queen, overseeing her empire. You also climbed up on the bed yesterday. Daddy had told me you'd tried this before, but I never thought you could do it. You put one foot on top of the metal bed frame and the next one in between the mattress and box spring. Then you grabbed the sheets with all you had and hiked your leg over. Hard to believe because that bed is almost as tall as you are!
Things I want to remember about this age:
-You can now sit quietly, reading a book to yourself. You get frustrated, however, when we read to you. You want to turn the pages at your own pace and when we read to you, it is far too slow for your taste.
- You say Bauw (ball), khhhhity (kitty), duggy (doggy), mama, dada, hi and uh-oh.
- You are faster at warming up to people you don't know. You made friends with the woman behind us at the grocery store checkout the other day. You even reached out of the cart for her to pick you up.
- You are very kind. You always offer mommy and daddy bits of your food. When your little friend Oliver was visiting, you retrieved his pacifier and put it back in his mouth for him.
- You know where your belly button is and find it when we ask you to.
- You are making it quite difficult to change your diapers these days. You are too excited and want to go, go, go. We have to hold you down to get the job done sometimes.
You are the little glowing light of our lives and we don't know what we ever did before you came around.