Tuesday, October 27, 2009

6 Months

munch

My dear, sweet little nugget. You are 6 months old. Your daddy and I are still blissful, loving every minute with you. You are so silly and fun, you keep us constantly entertained. We really can't remember what we did before we had you around. We don't want to even think about that.

Every single minute of every day we remember how lucky we are that your birthmom decided to make us your parents. There are not words to describe how grateful we are. We are also truly grateful to have your birth family in our lives so that they can share in our love for you.

Things we want to remember about you at 6 months old:

-A few weeks ago, you started pulling yourself up to standing while holding onto our fingers. You do this ALL the time. You look so proud when you do it.
-You are very good at sitting up on your own and hardly even wobble anymore.
-You are getting more interactive with other kids. It is fun to see you play with your cousins and friends.
-You give big, open-mouthed kisses.
-You love when I hop like a frog and say "ribbit". You find it absolutely hilarious.
-You love it when I sing songs to you, especially the ABC song and Baa Baa Black Sheep. You smile really big when we sing.
-You are sleeping through the night again after a short stint of getting up 2 times per night.
-You have not quite grasped the leg action of crawling but you rotate around and around on your tummy and kick your little legs in unison trying to move forward.
-You are a good eater. You have eaten cereal and tried avocado (which made you gag).
-You are such a big girl. You look like a giant compared to many other kids your age. You are tall and very solid. Everyone says you surprise them at how heavy you are when they actually pick you up. I always joke that your legs are filled with concrete.

You are very, very loved,

Love,

Mommy.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

I am also so grateful that that Corey and Brook are Lily's parents. I am grateful that I will be able to share and be a part of Lily's life. Lily, I love you with all my heart and a day does not go by that I don't think of you. I always think of all the wonderful new things you are doing and how you are growing. Thanks to Mommy and her blog I can actually see it all happen even it is only in pictures. I wish so much there were not so many miles between us. Know that no matter how much physical distance there is between us I am always with you. I love you so very very much.

elder2 said...

Lily, it is so wonderful that you are a part of our family. You make us all so happy. It is so wonderful to see how happy you make Brook and Corey! At this age it is exciting to have you start to laugh and respond to us. You really seem to be trying to talk - I can hardly wait for that!

Jennifer said...

Lily, don't worry, advacado makes me gag too!