Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Home sweet home

Its been a long while, but I'm finally back. Two big things have happened since my last post. We went to Hawaii, and we moved into our new home.

Hawaii was awesome. We had such a great time with my parents and we saw too many neat things to mention. A few of our favorites were snorkeling on the south-east tip of the island, swimming in the volcanically heated pools, and learning the art of boogie boarding.



Just as of last week, I finally feel settled here in our new place. It finally feels like "home". A few weeks ago, we went back to our old place to pick up some plants and as we drove in the driveway, I felt a little teary and sad. It still felt like home to me, even though it was empty and the grass was overgrown. I'm happy to report that my new home and I have now bonded, and I love it. I especially like the system of trails behind our house, where the dogs love to take walks and where we have picked 6 quarts of black raspberries so far. I also love the breezy sun porch on the front of the house.




We have a new hobby, too. Gold panning. Apparently, there is gold in these-here hills. We took our first kayak trip down the White River in search of gold yesterday. We came up empty, but we are not deterred. It is there, and we WILL find it. So, maybe Corey is a bit more motivated than me, but I'll go along for the ride ;-)

1 comment:

Zack said...

Sweet gold panning picture. I guess it is a little harder to find the stuff when it hasn't been planted in the bag of dirt you buy. :-) Keep trying.

Also, thanks for not listing me as one of your favorite blogs. :-P Jerk. :-D