Saturday, July 7, 2007

Proof



You can teach and old cat new tricks.

I adore my lovely whiskered friends. I HATE litter boxes. No one should be allowed to poop in my closet. I wouldn't allow you to poop in my closet, would I? In an attempt to get the stink as far away from our living quarters as possible, I decided to move the litter boxes down in to the basement (aka the dungeon). I bought a fancy-pansy cat door that boasted its ability to be used by "all cats, 12 lbs or under". I've never weighed Stinky, but I'm guessing he's pushing the limits. Before cutting the hole, I asked Corey if Stinky would fit. He informed me he had already smooshed Stinky's body through the plastic contraption, and he had cleared it with only a little resistance, so we felt like we were good to go. Within an hour or so, Ed, our younger cat, had figured it out. Even with a hearty bowl of kitty kibble at the bottom of the stairs, it took Stinky close to a week to figure it out. We have officially moved the litter box and my closet is now, positively, "poop free".

1 comment:

Zack said...

You might not let me poop in your closet, but that doesn't mean I haven't done it! :-)