Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Girl time

Pie crust

Lily and I had a fun "girls only" evening tonight. We made broccoli quiche with the most AMAZING crust thanks to tips from our friend Shannon. I made my typical recipe only used frozen butter which I grated on a cheese grater and kept in the freezer until the very last second (per Shannon's instructions). I was skeptical because after I rolled it out, it looked pretty much like it always does. After it baked, though, it puffed up into tender, flakey perfection.

Pie crust

Afterward, we indulged in mud masks. lily wasn't so sure about having the mud on her own face, but loved applying it to mine.

Mud mask1

Mud mask1

Mud mask1

Sorry the pictures aren't the best, they were taken with my phone. You might be able to see the mark on Lily's temple. It was a Trick Or Treating injury from last night.

4 comments:

narly said...

Too cute :)

Bumble's Bounce said...

Love this! Such a sweet mama;). Lily looks adorable and I cannot get over what a big girl she has become:).

Camille said...

I love that I knew you and Corey before Lily came into your lives. You three have SO much love to give each other. I love it when it works out like this!

Doug said...

I love the incredible patience you must have to do these projects with Lily. These memories will always be with her.