Saturday, March 15, 2008

One sick puppy



This girl gave us quite a scare this morning. She seemed fine at first, gobbling her breakfast and going outside afterward. I knew something was wrong when she didn't bark to come in. I opened the door and found her whimpering and crying. Once she came inside she kept crying, pacing in circles and stretching out her back legs over and over. I did a quick internet search and found that dogs with "bloat" have similar symptoms. It sounded like we needed to get he to the vet right away. I got ready to go, but over time she started acting more normal. We did some investigating in the coon shed and realized that she had probably eaten quite a bit of cracked corn (she is such a weird dog). Within an hour or so, she was completely back to her old self. Thankfully, we never made it to the vet.

1 comment:

elder2 said...

I'm glad Chloe is ok.