Friday, August 17, 2007

Family, cheese, and Potato

Last weekend we took a quick trip up to Wisconsin to visit with family. We hadn't seen my side of the clan in quite some time, so it was great to see Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. We wished we could have stayed so much longer, but my part time job (Bed Bath & Beyond) is monopolizing my weekends.

As we left Wisconsin, we stopped at the "Mars Cheese Castle". We always pass "the castle" but never really thought about stopping until this weekend. Let me tell you, the Cheese Castle rocks!! WE LOVE CHEESE. They had ever kind of cheese you can dream up, and its all there, ready for the tasting. We bought "Blueberry Cheddar", "Cracked Pepper Cheddar" and "Smoked String Cheese". I wish I'd bought like 5 lbs of that string cheese. I miss it already.

Sunday and Monday nights we camped at Potato Creek. It was fun to see old friends and visit our old place. We made "banana boats" over the fire for dessert. Yum. On our way home, we stopped in Indy to visit our friends Cami and Seth and enjoyed a nice Italian dinner.

I'm noticing a food theme running through this post. I think I'd better go scrounge up something to eat...

I didn't take any pictures on the trip, if you can believe that. So here is a pic of Ed simply being Ed.

2 comments:

Zack said...

You should post that picture on catsinsinks.com. It's a website with nothing but pictures of cats in sinks. Pretty much the best website ever made.

-Your Bro

Brook said...

Are you kidding? I'll check it out...