Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wheeeew!

I am finally ready to sit down and catch up on my summer blogging. I can't believe it has been a month and a half since I posted anything. There has been so much going on this summer and, unfortunately, blogging fell pretty far down on the "to do" list.

Lets see. Back in June, we were busy packing and getting ready for the big move to Monroe Reservoir. It is really unbelievable how much stuff we have accumulated over the years. Packing it all up makes you realize just how much useless crap you actually have. I donated and threw out what seemed like a ton of stuff, but we still pretty much filled up the moving trailer. We packed all of the boxes into the trailer in late June. We then locked it all up and headed out for a long planned vacation with Corey's family to Dale Hollow, in Tennessee. We stayed in a cozy cabin where Corey got to do quite a bit of fishing and I enjoyed some extra knitting and spinning time. Directly from Tennessee, we headed to our yearly family reunion with my mom's side of the family in Kentucky. As always, we had a lot of fun hanging out, swimming, setting off fireworks, etc. Lily especially loved petting and talking to my aunt's horses. She is getting to be quite the horse lover.

It was in Kentucky that the trajectory of our summer started to get a bit off kilter. Corey was playing basketball with my cousins and BAM! He tore his ACL. Mind you, we were planning to drive home from KY and move the very next day. In the end, my mom agreed to come home with us and help out so that I wouldn't have to move all by myself with a 2 year old. We were able to get everything packed up and cleaned and pushed the move date back by a day. Then, the week after our move, Corey went in for surgery. And just for good measure, someone backed into my car. Because, you know, I needed one more thing to juggle (car repair). In the end, we survived. Corey healed. Lily was taken care of. I didn't go bonkers (okay, maybe just a little). We are pretty much settled in at this point. Which I am very, very happy about.

We are really enjoying the new house. We have made it our own and it is quite cozy and bright. It is set back from the road, which gives Lily plenty of room to play without being close to the road. We have taken full advantage of the beach, spending many a happy day splashing in the water and eating sandy PB&Js.

I thought I'd share a few photos of the house.

new house_1

Notice Stew in the playpen out front in the photo below. She likes hopping around in there, eating leaves. Yes. I said "She". I took "him" in to get neutered and they spayed "her" instead.

new house

We have a pretty driveway...

new house_2

Between the house and garage is a large raised bed area that we are using for a garden.

new house_3

Now that I'm semi caught up, maybe it won't take me so long to post again. I hope.

3 comments:

Bumble's Bounce said...

Welcome back!!!

Bumble's Bounce said...

I missed your blog!!

Susannah said...

We have missed you. Glad all is approaching normal. Hope to see you later in the month.