Monday, June 6, 2011

New wheel design

My wheel mod

I finally got around to wood burning my spinning wheel. I found cute sheep and fence clip art for inspiration and based my design around that. I really like the way it turned out. An added bonus of the design is that I can easily remember which direction to spin my singles because it is the direction which makes the sheep move forward. Now I want to wood burn everything in sight. So fun! Next up, my lazy kate (something that holds bobbins for plying when spinning). I"m hoping to put an angora rabbit design on the lazy kate.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Oh, dangerous hobby! I got into wood burning when I was in middle school and high school. Nothing was safe from my wood-burning pen. I loved the smell it made.

I wonder if my parents kept any of that stuff.