Saturday, December 15, 2007

Back again



I've been a very bad blogger as of late. I deserve a hunk of coal in my stocking, I know.

My new job continues to go well. I'm loving the area even more as I drive around working with customers in the hills and hollers of Monroe and Brown Counties. Its beautiful! Corey and I are thinking more seriously about buying some wooded land to build a cabin for hunting and generally getting away from it all. Ideally, it would have an old house on it that we could stay in while building the cabin and then tear it down when we don't need it anymore. I would LOVE our cabin to be strawbale built, but we're still just dreaming at this point.

We've gotten fully into the Holiday swing, as of the last week or so. I've pretty much finished making homemade Christmas cards and most of the gifts have been purchased. Corey made buckeyes and toffee and I made my Grandpa Rhoades famous fudge, but just like everyone else who's attemted to make it since he passed away, I couldn't get it to turn out right.



It has turned really cold over the last few days. Stinky has been hogging the heat registers. Today has been the first real snow (it snowed about an inch once before, but it fell and then melted while I was in a meeting for work, so I don't count that one since I didn't see it ;-) Ed and I are enjoying watching the snow flakes fall outside the window as I write this.





Happy Holidays Everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recipes please.....

Sirrus said...

Cute kitty. ^_^

No, I don't have much else to say right now. Perhaps later. ^_~