Monday, November 5, 2007

Almost heart attack



If you know me in real life, you know that I tend to freak out about stuff. Well, last night was no exception. I realized that I had accidentally erased a bunch of important pictures off of my memory card. I was really bummed because I'd driven half way across the state to take these pictures as a favor to my mother-in-law. I was totally bummed out. Then, a very nice fellow Flickr member mentioned that there are some shareware programs that can retrieve erased pictures off memory cards (as long as you have not re-written over them with new photos). I was able to try one of the programs out for free to see if it could find my photos and voila! There they were! I did purchase the program and recovered all of my photos. The program I used was called "CardRaider" but there are plenty to choose from. So just so you know, all is not lost if you screw up your memory card.

I had a really fun weekend. My friend Kim spent a few nights and we had some serious scrapbooking time. We also checked out a neat new scrapbooking shop. Our other friend Susannah and her little boy Tucker came over for a day, too, and we had fun catching up. Susannah brought along a recipe for squash soup, which all agreed sounds gross, but it tasted great!

I only have two pics to share today, one of me and Kim taken with the onboard camera in my new computer (she will be so thrilled when she sees this) and another random shot of Ed jumping for a milk jug ring. He can get some serious air.

Note: pictures are not currently working (trying to resolve the problem).

3 comments:

Cami said...

Hey, I can't see your pictures from this entry!

Brook said...

Thanks Cami. I'm not sure what is going on but I'm trying to figure it out.

Cami said...

I can see the pictures now...I love the picture of the cat!!!